The mainframe and legacy systems aren't dead - most banking, insurance, and government institutions still run their legacy code on these types of servers, but they're not immune from what this new era brought forth. By using a new type of integration software that...
mainframe integration services
using software from mainframe vendors such as Software AG and IBM, we can identify the critical business capabilities of mainframe applications and convert them to services, accessible via APIs through modern TCP/IP application protocols
replace or redevelop mainframe applications is not cheap
mainframe integration services address many challenges
- It takes too long, and it is too complicated to connect the mainframe to new business initiatives
- Legacy applications are cumbersome to use
- Siloed business logic, data models, and data sources
- Tedious user interface (including outdated green screens) create inefficient data entry and business processes
- Retiring workforce and application knowledge
- No common integration standard for external and internal systems
- Cloud vendors do not provide solutions to integrate on-premises mainframe data or applications
- Inability to efficiently meet growing regulations, mandates, and new business practices
- Poor integration among systems limits the exchange of services and data
webMethods® and IIB® ESB
ESB is always a backbone of the services platforms
- Create and deploy modular integrations that adapt independently to market requirements
- Scale APIs in the cloud with a distributed microservices-backed architecture
- Support CI/CD with built-in DevOps automation tooling
- Ensure reliability with a reactive architecture that includes built-in fault tolerance and recovery
- Encourage a rapidly evolving ecosystem in which business capabilities can spin up quickly
efficient path for IT modernization and API enablement
- Deliver efficient path for IT modernization and API enablement.
- Access mainframe assets as processes or through services.
- Produce rapidly high-performing and secure APIs for core business applications.
- Integrate mainframe applications with minimal changes.
Screens as a Service – modernisation the safe way
- Configure instant and customised terminal emulation.
- Develop web applications over the green screens.
- Enable APIs through the screens flow scripting.
- Automate Natural applications testing.
- Integrate mainframe with databases, brokers and web sites.
virtualise data across distributed and heterogeneous sources
- Metadata management and data transformation.
- Virtualise relational data and big data in cloud.
- Configuring wide range of data connectors.
- Real-time data replication and automated synchronization.
- Mainframe data migration.
perfect method to write down architectures
- Benchmark your business performance compared to competitors to identify business challenges and opportunities
- Derive critical success factors for your strategy
- Easily communicate your strategy to the different stakeholders
- Improve performance planning and implementation using balanced scorecards
- Achieve transparency and optimised communication based on a single language and collaboration for all stakeholders